St Mark's church was built in 1881 with the addition of the front vestry/narthex added in 1938. A beautiful feature of St Mark's is the 17 stained glass windows in the church. The central stained glass window (Christ crucified) is dated 1882. St. Mark's is a plain rectangle but it has an interesting architectural feature - an apsidal sanctuary. This is quite an unusual focal point. The open-beam inverted "V" ceiling in stained timber is also a feature. St Mark's is a one church parish with a congregation of around 30 members.
St Mark's, Golden Square 27 Panton Street, Golden Square
The Rev'd Shannon Smith
- PO Box 600, Golden Square VIC 3555
- (03) 54395268
- Sundays 9.00 am Holy Communion
- Wednesdays 11.00 am Holy Communion